Friday, September 29, 2006

Call 911!

Today 2 years ago was the most embarrassing day of my life!

When I was pregnant with Chase I was put on bed rest at 26 weeks ( he was born at 35 weeks) it was the most boring thing in the world. I don't watch much TV but I love to read. I read about everything under the moon. I still had our at the time 5 year old at home all day and had to care for. It is a good thing he is an independent boy and good helper. We watched a lot of Disney movies and I know all of the lines to them now. We played games and I read to him. When the alarm went off he know it was time for mom to take her pills so brother could "cook" a little longer. Bed rest is just what I do when I am in my last stage.

With the back round out of the way here is what happened.

I decided since I was so close to when I could deliver Chase and I had been such a good girl that I would treat myself and high light my sad hair and put some makeup on. I had planned on having a late dinner of Chinese food in the bedroom without any kids for Dusty. It had been a real long time since he had seen me fixed up. This was to be a surprise for him.
I sat on the bed with a mirror and started to pull my hair through a cap so I could high light my hair. After this task was complete with shampoo and conditioner in hand I went to the kitchen sink to rinse the dye from my hair and wash it. Setting the products on the counter I washed my hair. As I reached for the conditioner I flipped the switch on that runs the garbage disposal. Yep my hair was still in the sink and by the way it was very long! It grabbed my hair with a force I have never felt before and there I was with my head suck to the sink !!!

I yell for Cody to bring me something to cut my hair to free my head from the sink and he says " Mom, dad said I can't touch sharp things ( long story) I beg him to please hand me something so he hands me a butter knife! Have you ever tried to cut your hair with a butter knife? It doesn't work well. Then I notice that I am having contractions and they are getting harder the longer I stand there! I tell Cody to call 911 and hand me the phone. With excitement in his eyes HE was going to put to use the skill his Dad has shown his even night since I was on bed rest.
He instead of handing me the phone calls and says the words he had been rehearsing for weeks!
MY MOM IS HAVING A BABY AND I NEED AN AMBULANCE ! Then he hangs up. GREAT!
2 mins later I have an ambulance, police, EMT, and the fire department at my door!
I forgot to tell you that I was dying my hair in a pair of boxer shorts and a bra!!!!
We have friends on these forces! Guess who got lucky and everyone we known was working that day!!
After a lot of giggling and my hair free I with my very red face am checked over good, guess who drives up our road? My husband ! Surprise! Is all I could say and then the tears flowed. All he could say was are you okay? And 5 inches off will not make that much difference. We ended up in the hospital over night.
I did however get my dinner alone with Dusty and a new hair cut the next day, Oh and a new disposal!
Chase was born one week to the day later!

Laugh!!, it was funny then and is funnier now LOLOLOLOLOLOL.


Mom, Cody and baby Chase. 12 hours old!

7 comments:

Debra said...

And all I can say because I am laughing so hard is...you think I am funny LOL. Now I have another good reason why I NEVER want a garbage disposal. Thanks for the laugh and really, I am so glad you are ok.

Debra and Hope

trisomymommy said...

Wow. Just wow. Thanks for the good laugh. Wow.

Emily Elizabeth said...

Okay, that was really, really funny...but only cuz it wasn't me - lol!

That is something that would happen to me though...

Chewy Mom said...

Oh my gosh, that is the funnies danged story I have heard in quite a while!

Christina said...

That is too funny :-) Also sounds liek something I could do. I once got stuck curling my hair on the left side and had to cut big chunks away. I was 17 and it was aweful! Cute pics too!

LeslieAnn said...

hahahahahaha!!! I needed to hear that as I sit here stunned to be awake so early! (Jack had to have his Wiggles fix bright and early this morning!)
Thank you for stopping by. I have you bookmarked! Chase is precious and so blessed to have such a big family.
:)
(And Steven King is exactly what I said to my husband...I feel like I'm in the middle of a Steven King movie! Ha!)

Michelle said...

Oh my! What a hilarious story!! Thanks for the laugh :)