Friday, September 08, 2006

This is my garden! It makes me laugh!

We have not planted a garden for the last 2 years. I just simply did not want to mess with it. But this corn is growing in the flower bed on my front porch. I was going to pull it when it first started to grow but Dusty has had so much fun with it I just couldn't.

Here are some of his redneck excuses for not cutting it down when the kids ask him to.

" It is our corn maze, I hope no one gets lost, you might want to stay together, we will be charging even your cool friends "

" We are going to invite YOUR friends over to share in our harvest of the 3 ears of corn "

" Guys, come on we can play name that corn and where it came from"

My fav is " Baby, I am growing you some Halloween Yard Art "

He even waters it every night like it is prize win corn for the fair. Oh God, Maybe that is HIS PLAN!

He has had a lot of fun with the mystery corn. We have no idea how it got there unless some of the bird or squiral food got spilled. Anyways, It is funny and everyone who comes to our house has to ask why we have 2 stokes of corn growing in our front yard?

We all love to tease him and he loves to give it back in his redneck way. I love being married to someone who can laugh at himself and take a joke. There is alot that goes on in our house.

2 comments:

mum2brady said...

Hee hee - that is so funny :) I love the corn maze one.... ;)

Kris said...

I love your web page and the stories of your kids! All nine, impressive! Fun chatting the other night too!