Monday, September 25, 2006

Weird Looks or Stares!!

I get weird looks everytime I am in ANY store Because I am weird, I act like a nut, laugh to loud at times and am a little over weight and have been known to go to Wal mart in my JP pants holding a coffee mug. AND GUESS WHAT I DON'T GIVE A S**T. I am a good hearted person with a big herd of kids who think I am weird but love me whole hearted. So I guess I don't notice others looking a little bit to hard at Chase I just figure they are wondering what other world I came from.
When they do stare I just say " I know he is just to damn cute for words, isn't he"? And then they say something like " Yes he is" and " I have someone I love who also has Down syndrome" and I end up talking to this person about Ds in the middle of the store for what my kids say is FOREVER.
Sometimes people do stare because they don't know what to say, we are so easy to offend that I wouldn't want to talk to us either, we all need to be a little more open to the stare and find out why they are staring, PJ pants advocating is what I call it.
Educate don't just run away.
Sorry but I needed to put 4 cents in.
This is not posted to hurt anyone so if I did I am sorry!!!!!!!!!!

I also have a son who was hit by a car and almost lost his leg while crossing the cross walk at the school, and get this I was on my way to the hospital in labor with now my 16 year old when this happened. It left him with a leg that works for now with pain and scars so bad that you can't even tell where his knee should be.
He lies all of the time when people stare at him, he tells them it was a shark bit or some other bull.
He has never thought of himself as anything but normal even with one leg 3 inches shorter than the other, this happened when he was 8. He snow boards, water skis, golfs, play all kinds of ball. He is in pain, it is ugly but it has NEVER been a big deal in our family and we will tell Chase the same thing I told Kenny " Don't ever say you can't, just say you will try " There is no shame in being different, it just makes us more interesting than those who think they are perfect.

I posted this on a board and I think the message was a pretty good one so I decided to put it on my blog. I don't think people really stare to be mean but because they don't know what else to do.
For the most part people are kind and to the rest, I hope a house falls on them like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I really like this post. It is so true. My son with DS (only child so far) is only 4 months, but as m,ost of us, I threw myself into the facts of DS, looking for ANY information when he was born. I understand some of the strange comments, stares and weird behavior. I always try to picture myself int he same situation before Vincent was born. And what it all comes down to is that people do things because of lack of knowledge. My talkinga bout DS to people around us then hopefully a little seed is planted and that person will go on and tell someone else etc etc. Anyways, great post :-)

Debra said...

We should get together...now wouldn't that make them talk 21 children, four adults. Would make you think.

Thanks for sharing.
Debra and Hope

dong dong23 said...

rolex watches for sale
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses outlet
oakley vault
montblanc pen
fitflops sale clearance
christian louboutin pas cher
ray ban glasses
adidas trainers
uggs outlet
2016.12.19chenlixiang