Monday, February 12, 2007


Chelsey turns 17 today!!!!!!!!!


The first picture is me and Chels the day after she was born.
The one below it is of Chels today.

Boy how time flies. We had a big family party last night as Grant ( the young man I hope one day to call my son-in-law ) is flying back home tonight to Oregon. He is going to school there and will be going on his mission in a few mths. He came here Friday to spend the weekend with her. Grant will be happy to go home and not share a room with Chelseys 2 brothers who think he came here just to see them.


Chelseys birth should have been the happiest day of my life. The day she was born I went to the doctor, I had been on bed rest for 14 weeks and today there was no stopping my labor. At least in my book, so I had a neighbor pick up Kenny from school and just take him to her home until I called my mom to go pick him up. She got there late and he decided to walk home. Kenny was hit by a car in a cross walk just before she got there.
Meanwhile I am at the doctors office and have been told today was going to be the day, I was already 6cm and more than ready even though she would be 5 weeks early. I get dressed and then the doctor comes back into the room with a nurse whom I have known for YEARS.
He tells me that she is going to drive me to the hospital. I asked why I can drive. That is when he told me my son had been hit by a car and it was bad.
I come out of the room white as a sheet, my husband was called but he worked an hour away.
The nurse and I get to the hospital before the EMT does and I could hear my son screaming for me on the radio in the ER. My heart was breaking and by now my labor pains were about 10 mins apart when they opened the doors to the ER and I could see and hold my sons hand.
The doctors could not wait for my husband to get there so I had to sign all of the papers for Kenny to go into surgery and maybe have to take his leg off. He was 9 years old!!!!
The car had come to a sliding stop with his legs under her wheels. His legs did not even look like his, there was blood everywhere and all he could do was scream for me to hold him and make them stop touching him!!!!!
His dad came into the ER right behind the doctor that was called in to do surgery on my sons legs and see if they could save them. Dad walked into the room and took one look at all of the blood and hit the floor. We got him into a wheel chair and off Kenny went to surgery. By now I have been in active labor for 2 hours.
I pushed the dad to the labor and delivery floor and got into a room and I undressed, when all at once I felt things change and the baby just dropped and from the way I felt it was to my knees.
I was checked by a nurse and was already 8cm.
20 mins later I was pushing and my husband was looking for someone more qualified to deliver her as he was not!
Chelsey was born just 3 pushes later, with tons of dark brown hair and screaming her head off. She weighed 5 lbs 3 oz 19 inches long.

Kenny did not loss his legs but has had countless surgeries on them, he is about to have a son of his own and feel all of the love, worry, wonder, and glory of having a child of your own.

Chelsey is grown into a beautiful person not just on the outside but also on the inside. I am so proud to be her mom and for all of the joy she has given me. In my daughters eyes I see the woman I always know you would be......
I LOVE YOU CHELSEY BEANS......
Thank You for choosing me to be your Mother.
You are my best friend and will always be my baby girl....



5 comments:

mom2rhett said...

That is such a cute picture of her!! You are such a great mom!!!!

Anonymous said...

And I thought my labors were interesting. LOL I am so glad that her birth was one of celebration and not the other way. She is a beautiful young lady. You did a great job.

Hugs
Debra and Hope

Sara said...

What a great picture of her! Happy Birthday. I just love your Music...and that song!!!! Brad Paisleys When I get where I am going, always makes me cry cuz it came out just after my Dad passed.

mum2brady said...

Awwww - love the baby pic AND the grown up pic! I know I have told you before - Chelsey is beautiful!!! Happy 17th birthday! I'm hoping today is less eventful than it was 17 years ago!!!

Sorry about your dad - he is in my thoughts and prayers....

Michelle said...

You have such a beautiful daughter, Rose! She shares a birthday with my daughter, Nora.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today. May God be with you.

Michelle and Elliot (T21)