Friday, March 30, 2007

Watch what you say.......


Our 7 year old Cody is funny little man, says it like he sees it.


Here is how this starts:


My girls like to wear boots with their skirts and Dusty has a hay day teasing them about it. He has NO fashion sense what so ever. Jeans, button down shirt, boot and a ball cap. That is what he wears.


Cody has the best teacher in the world. I love her! he is in the 1st grade. That being said this is what happened:

I was at the store the other day and I ran into Cody's teacher. She asked how Chase was (her son has had 4 OH surgeries no Ds). I told her fine, then she starts to giggle and she says " I just have to tell you want Cody said" I am thinking "oh god please"

She was talking to the kids about the writing assignment she had just given them when Cody raised his hand.

Teacher: Yes Cody

Cody: I am sorry and I don't mean to be rude but in that outfit you kinda look like a HILLBILLY.

She had on a jean skirt and jacket with boots. She said she was laughing so hard she could not come up with an answer.

So she asked " What makes you say that Cody?"

He says " My DAD, he told my sister that she looked like a HILLBILLY when she wears her boots with a skirt, he calls her Elly May"

Then Cody titles his writing assingment " My Hillbilly teacher from the black lagoon"

I wanted to die right there!

She told me she told her husband and he said "Well Elly May, if the boot fits" Lol

We both decided that these men have no idea what is cute and what is not.

I come home and was telling Dusty what HIS son said as my husband is walking outside at 11:00 pm to feed the horses in his PJ pants, jacket and YES HIS COWBOY BOOTS............


Lesson for men, look at what you are wearing before you judge what is fashion and what is not, then look around to make sure the ears of a 7 year old are not there to hear the weirdo remakes you make about the boot and the skirt thing. It will save the mom some embarrassing moments.

4 comments:

Emily Elizabeth said...

That is funny. The girls look super cute and it sounds like Cody's teacher was smokin' hot in her jeans skirt...so NOT Elly May!

Sara said...

Too funny! Style Men, !!!

LeslieAnn said...

I think they look adorable...and I think Chase does look like you!

Rose, do you care if I link you? I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting. I just learned how a few weeks ago! I'm quick like that with all this blogging stuff.

Sara said...

Wanted to pop on and wish you all a Happy Easter!