Thursday, August 23, 2007

First day of school......

First Day of school is at our house usually is a day of celebration for Dusty and I but this year is was a little different......Cody is in the second grade and is in the elementary school by himself. No big sis to guide him or watch out for him.........as he got of the car at the school I felt a lump well up in my throat. The school look so much bigger that it had the year before. Cody gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and out the door he flow, high 5's from his friends in line and a quick look at the girl he likes and a small smile flashed to her. Then back to his friends......I sat there with tears running down my face asking how did he grow up so fast....
Chelsey, she is a senior this year which gives her the right to be who ever she wants in school this year and has choose to have a spiderman back pack....When I asked her why in the heck she would want one at her age she said "well mom if you can't afford a bag from Abercrombie & Fitch like my friends then be different, creative and start a new trend." Wise girl if you ask me. She works every summer to pay for most of her own clothes for school. This will be her last first day of school here in Lehi and it makes me very sad, she will go off to College this next fall. I can't even talk about THAT right now...........
Austin is a Jr. this year. He has always hated school until last year when he found his nitch....WELDING CLASS. Ag, and FFA.......All I can say is THANK GOD we still have teachers that care about teaching and can keep kids interested in school. Bushmen and Robinson THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART....Austin went from struggling in Jr high to a 3.5 GPA in High School all because he had teachers who cared........Oh don't they look happy that it is the first day of school..
And the High kids are off in Chelseys new car, this year she has a VIP parking pass so her car won't be stold this year.....
Now for my Jr. High girl, Courtney is in the 7th grade this year. And boy does she have a long walk to school. It is down our short lane about a half block. It was funny when she asked me for a ride. As you can see she is still sporting the latest fashion in arm wear. It is in our school colors. When she came home I asked her how it went and she said "All of the boys sat with me at lunch so I could tell them the horror story behind my broken arm" "It was cool and they want me to go 4 wheeling with them when I get my cast off" Why do the boys think it is so cool?" Well, Shorty boys don't like to hang out with girls who are not willing to get dirty and have fun" The boys also wait her to carry her tray at lunch. I have told Chels not to make a big deal about it, Courtney has no idea that they like her, they are just her friends and I want it to stay that way for just a little longer. I just hope some where down the line the boys find out she is a girl but not until 10th grade. It is killing her dad that she is growing up.......She tried on her dress for Kens wedding and Dusty cried when she left the room to change...He had to go outside....
Courtney's half block to school........

4 comments:

Shannon **Gabi's Mom** said...

Lot of milestones there! I bet your daughter does start a trend!

Laura Q said...

Lovely post Rose, your children are beautiful!

Sherpa said...

Chelsea is a smart, smart girl.

Sara said...

Nathaniel was back on Aug 15th ( its the most wonderful time of the year ;) ) I am getting back into my computer time now :) Thanks for popping by my blog :)