Monday, October 01, 2007

This month is Down syndrome awareness month...


I have add this link so those of you who don't know or understand what Down syndrome is can go to the link and read your little hearts out...

But for me Down syndrome is just a couple of words....It is not who Chase is....

Chase will turn 3 in this month that we are going to be promoting awareness. October!
We had no idea when he was born where Chase would lead us. The one thing I can say is that our road is more traveled by friends like Chase than we could have ever imagined. We have made many friends on this sometimes bumpy road. Friendships that we would have never made without our common treads of Down syndrome.

As I look back on the last 3 years we have made new friends, lost some of the sweet souls of Ds and felt their pain in a way you can not explain in words, prayed for the health of many, witnessed milestone of Chase's and others with pride. We have found friendship in our groups of friends with children who have Ds that are just like family. We are very proud of our children who are Chases biggest fans and advocates. But most of all we are THANKFUL EVERYDAY to have this wonderful soul in our lives to teach us humanity...For that we thank God for sending Chase to the right home...OUR HOME!!!

If you are LDS and reading this I just wanted to put this foot note on here....

I now understand my Patricidal blessing I received at 20. It all became clear to me the night Chase was born and I looked into his eyes......

No comments: